Follow and show your creativity in the design and marketing promotion design award. Whether it’s a self-promo to showcase a design firm’s capabilities, a project that touts a client’s goods, an announcement for a major life event, or a student designer’s résumé or design portfolio, if it’s your finest promotional design work, we want to see it. And you deserve some hard-earned recognition.
- BEST OF SHOW Winner scores a free trip to HOW DESIGN LIVE 2017 (includes: round-trip airfare from the same city, hotel and conference registration), plus an award to be presented at the conference.
- BEST OF SHOW Winner will enjoy a 2-page spread in the Fall Issue of HOW.
- All Winners (Best of Show, Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners) will see their work in HOW’s FALL 2016 issue.
- All Outstanding Achievement and Merit Winners will receive a $100 discount on any HOW Design Live 2017 registration.
- All Winners will be announced in a feature article on HOWDesign.com and featured in its online gallery.
- All Winners will be formally announced in the HOW eNewsletter.
- All Winners will be announced via social media.
- All Winners will be featured on Pinterest throughout the year.
- All Winners will receive an exclusive Digital Seal to be used to promote your win.
- All Winners will receive a press release template for use in promoting your win.
- All winners will receive a complimentary copy of the Fall 2016 issue of HOW.
- ALL ENTRANTS will receive access to a FREE Webinar.HOW will notify the winners by August 31, 2016, after judging is complete.Judges
Scott Maney, Chief Creative Officer, Breakaway
Laurie Churchman, Designlore
Douglas Davis, Principal, The Davis Group
- CLIENT PROMOTIONS: created for paying customers (brochures, annual reports, ads, corporate identities, etc.)
- DESIGNER SELF- PROMOTIONS: created to promote your design business
- PERSONAL PROMOTIONS: created to celebrate life events (invitations, birth announcements, etc.)
- PRO-BONO PROMOTIONS: created for free or at a discounted rate
- ILLUSTRATOR PROMOTIONS: created for illustrators (not just work that includes illustration)
- PHOTOGRAPHER PROMOTIONS: created for photographers (not just work that includes photography)
- STUDENT PROMOTIONS: created while you were in school (whether you’ve graduated or not)
- MISCELLANEOUS PROMOTIONS: created for purpose other than those aboveHow to Enter
- Entries may be entered online.
- You may submit up to 5 files per entry (10 MB per file). File formats for digital images include: .jpg and .jpeg only (do not submit .tif, .png, .pdf or .gif files) in RGB color mode no smaller than 3 inches for the shortest dimension at 300 dpi. Larger dimensions are preferred for detail and cropping. If the entry is a website, please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.If the entry is a video, file formats include: .mov; .avi; .mp4; .wma. Please include screen captures or still images based on the size and file format specifications above for production in the magazine.
- Credit all persons involved in the creation of the piece. HOW isn’t responsible for incorrect, illegible or incomplete credit information.
- Release date of submission must fall between March 22, 2015 and this competition’s final deadline.
- Describe the objective and results of your entry in 100 words or less and include the description on the entry form.
- For more information including project delivery methods see Preparing Your Entry.We accept all major credit cards or you may pay with a check or money order. Make checks payable (in U.S. funds) to F+W Media, Inc. and send to the address below. Entries received without payment will be disqualified. Entry fees are nonrefundable. One check may be used to cover multiple entries. -See Pricing and DeadlinesMail to: